June-July 2000
At first we thought the house roof was good enough to keep, so we patched up the holes. Then a slate blew off in a stiff breeze and nearly landed on Tania's head. We changed our minds!
We were lucky to get a slate roof expert who had time to take on the job, and spent the next few weeks enjoying the view from the top while we worked along with him.

^ Stripping the north side
(Tania on the scaffolding, Tom on the roof)

Down to the rafters

We cleaned & re-used the old slates & capping tiles.


(Tom placing the LAST tile)


South side felted, lathed & ready for re-slating.
(Mike on the roof)


Done! - new roof, skylights, upstairs windows...
We'll do the ground floor eventually, too.


Our living arrangements were still rough, to say the least.



<<< Previous

Click to see the next project >>>



1998 | 2000 | 2002 | May 2003 | July-Aug 2003 | 2004 | July 2005 | Aug-Oct 2005 | Spring 2006 | Aug-Oct 2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014

home page | recordings | promo/bios | reviews | workshops | contact us